Sunday, July 11, 2010

Camp Cleawox

The girls and I headed out to the beautiful Oregon Coast for Girl Scout Camp this past weekend.  We spent 2 nights out in the out-of-doors, sleeping in open-air cabins, canooing, and camp-firing.  This was Little Girl's first time and she had a blast.  Big Girl had a great time catching up with camp friends.



We were up at dawn for sunrise painting.


I was actually convinced to go canooing,after the fiasco 2 years ago when Big Girl and I were unceremoniously dumped into the lake 5 seconds after leaving the dock...earning me my camp nickname "Splash".

It rained on night 2 leading to an indoor campfire by the fireplace...I wasn't too broken up about that...No bugs, nice warm lodge...hot coffeepot...my kind of campfire!

I have to admit...I kind of had a great time, too.  But the best part of all.  Getting home for a long, hot shower!


No comments:

Post a Comment