Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blueberry Season!

Summer time is blueberry time in our town.  At least once or twice in the summer we load up our buckets and head to the berry farm. We pick from the rows and rows of blueberries until it gets too hot or our buckets get too heavy...The girls usually get more in their bellies than in the buckets.

This time we did pretty good... 10 pounds of berries in about an hour.  Cost??? Twelve Dollars!!!

Steve didn't want me do make jam or pie at first because the berries are so good fresh.  After a few days, though he gave in and admitted 10 pounds was too much even for the girls and him (I don't eat blueberries).

I made scrumptious smoothies and my first (2) blueberry pie(s).  They didn't turn out as pretty as I had hoped they would but I heard they were delicious.  Some even said it was the best pie they'd ever had!



No comments:

Post a Comment