Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best Fried Chicken in the USA

I went to Oklahoma City to visit my family for Thanksgiving. I find it only fitting that my first post about my trip be devoted to Eischen's Bar. My great-grandmother has passed away so I can safely say Eischen's makes the best fried chicken in the country, dare I say world?



Eischen's is in Okarchee, Oklahoma. A good 30 minute drive from the city. Well worth the trip as evidenced by the huge crowds and long waits for a table. The menu is simple. Waiters appear and ask not "What can I get you?" but(insert southern drawl here) "How many chicken's ya want?"

Appetizers are served.


Your side dish is next. (Vegetables are very important for a healthy body).



And the main course!



This made a believer of my kids and even my husband who strongly dislikes chicken and fried foods. After I dismembered the chicken so it didn't resemble poultry he said, and I quote, "I have to admit it's good chicken." which I'll interpret as "Eischen's, the best fried chicken in the USA."





No comments:

Post a Comment