Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Date for the Movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-YE7hpyyU

My hunny and I had a rare trip to the movies on Sunday. I had planned on having a real, live babysitter come to the house, going to an actual restaurant without asking for 2 kids menus and seeing a movie inappropriate for children.

But, plans changed and we went to visit the in-laws over the holiday weekend. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Marley and Me, though. So, I basically told my Mother-in-Law that she was taking my 2 plus my nephew to see Hotel for Dogs while hunny and I went next door for Marley and Me.

The book was great. It was funny, sad, entertaining and made you really care for the people in the story and the dog. You totally GOT why this family would keep and love such an incorrigible dog.

The movie, not as much. Hunny, who did not read the book said he enjoyed the movie (although I think it had more to do with Jennifer Anniston skinny-dipping) but he did not understand why anyone would keep a dog like that.

I was dissapointed that the movie did not go deep enough into John and Jen's emotions and relationship with the dog.There were a lot of ups and downs in their lives not explored. There was too much of John Grogan's disappointment with work and his relationship with his shallow best friend(neither of which was much of a story line in the book).

The movie is probably a good one for someone who hasn't read the book. Lots of cute puppies and it is funny at times.

My advice, though...skip the movie and read the book.

Another good read by John Grogan...The Longest Trip Home.

Hunny and I did have a good time at the movie. We went out for dinner as planned but had to ask for 3 kids menus! Oh, well. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment