Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New School Books!

Yesterday we got 2 huge boxes full of our new home school curriculum. Most parents of home schoolers are taking a huge sigh of relief that they have a break for a couple of months.
*
*
Not me. I plan waaayyyy ahead. I love, love, love books. Books of all kinds. I would love to own a brand new set of encyclopedia even though the information would be outdated as soon as I open the box and all the info is free on the internet.
*
*
I really love fresh new textbooks. On the first day of school I always hoped I would be one of the first ones called up to the teacher's desk to pick up my new book. I knew the sooner I was called, the better my chances of getting a newer, fresher book. One with little to no wear and tear or writing. Even better than that...a brand new book...MY name the FIRST on the this book belongs to: page!
*
*
Maybe when people ask me why we home school I should just tell the truth..."I'm in it for the books!"

No comments:

Post a Comment