Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve Partying




Well, we did it! We stayed up until midnight and then some. The kids were fine, mind you. I was falling asleep in my s'mores.




















We followed the kids plan... had our delicious meal of hot dogs and beans, watched Wall-E (that was pretty cute), played Scrabble-Sarah is a mean Scrabble player...she gave me a run for my money. Enjoyed a fireworks show from the new hot tub( a Christmas gift to ourselves) and toasted in the new year with s'mores and sparkling grape juice...I am not sure if the nausea I am feeling this morning is from the lack of sleep, strange mixture of food or both.






The kids were up until 2:30 a.m., they say. I was well into REM sleep by then. Here's what they looked like at 9:00 a.m.





The big girl woke up at 9:30. We didn't see the little one until 11:30. Here's how the new year looks to them.





Should be a fun day.

Happy New Year's!










1 comment:

  1. yum-o! I love s'mores! looks like the girls are not late night owls for sure. :) cute hair cut by the way.

    ReplyDelete